Friday, June 10, 2011

He's Not Done Yet


“I refuse to pray small prayers to a huge God.”
-Louie Giglio

This past week I went to freshman orientation for the University of Arkansas and needless to say, I am ridiculously pumped for the next chapter in my life.  While I was there, I got to spend quite a bit of time sitting and listening to people talk about the University like it was the greatest place on the planet.  As I walked throughout the school and met my future classmates and heard from current students and faculty, I had a deep and overwhelming sense of longing for nothing but to see Christ set that campus on fire.  I envisioned students gathered at the Greek Theatre praying every month, as a follow up to the Rising last semester.  I got future glimpses of the earth-shattering conversations that would take place in dorm rooms, in coffee shops, in Brough, in classrooms, in the Union, and everywhere else.  It was almost as if Jesus gave me a sip of future fire that will rip through the foundations of Fayetteville. 
But more than anything, He simply began the process of breaking my heart for that school as He has begun to do in the hearts of so many already.  There are far too many students, from all different walks of life, on the campus in Fayetteville who love Jesus with everything in them, for something huge not to happen.  I have heard from friends who are in all sorts of various student ministries and churches, many of them don’t even know each other (yet), who all desire the same thing.  They want Revival.  But what is so beautiful is that all of them seek Revival for Jesus, not just for Revival’s sake but because they are desperately seeking Jesus’ face and His love and to be His hands and feet. 
God has begun a great work here in Little Rock and here I am to say that it isn’t even close to being over.  This city, this state, has seen nothing compared to what the Lord has in store for us. 
A couple of weeks ago, as the fire of Revival began to fade, I was extremely discouraged.  It was a Tuesday and I was supposed to be meeting with my friend Niki at Starbucks when my buddy Philip walked in.  I hadn’t seen Philip in a long time so we greeted each other and he sat down to talk with me before the person he was suppose to meet with got there.  We started chatting about what Jesus had been doing and how the Spirit had been pouring out all over Little Rock when the girl he was meeting with, Susanna walked in.  We decided to just all sit together and keep talking and soon after Niki came.  Little did I know that the next two and a half hours of my life would once again revive my thirsty heart.  Philip told us of the amazing things happening in Hot Springs and his friends from Harding University who were seeing Jesus do unbelievable things.  Susanna and Niki spoke of the incredible things happening in Fayetteville and we discussed how Arkansas Tech was flourishing and schools and colleges and churches from literally all over the country were being ignited.  God is on the move and He is readying us for something much greater than we first believed. 
Don’t the words of Habakkuk come to life again? “Look around at the nations: look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn’t believe even if someone told you about it.”
And the humbling and punch-you-in-the-face truth that Paul writes out, “Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.”
We are beginning to know that life is much more than empty legalistic Christianity and the American dream.  We are starting to see that life is Christ.  We are alive to know Him, to make Him known and to allow the Holy Spirit to guide us in every step, every breath, every word, every deed. 
It all comes down to if we believe Jesus or not, and whether we think He was a liar.  He told us His followers “you are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but instead on a stand and it gives light to all in the house.”  If we believe him then we believe that we are the light of the world.  And if we are the light of the world then I move the motion that we stop hiding underneath our baskets. 
This world is in desperate need for Jesus.  He is doing great things and He will continue to do greater things. 
I have to keep remembering that the question is not whether Revival is going to happen or not, the question is, “will we let it happen?” And my prayer is that we will be a generation so in love and obsessed with Christ that He will be free to move through us as He pleases and the answer to that question will be an undeniable and powerful, yes.  By His power and His power alone we breathe and I believe with everything in me that He is going to rock this state and this country like we could never fathom, to such a degree that all people can do is fall to faces and whisper, Hallelujah.


1 comment: